I logged on today to find I not only had a brand new comment, but it came with an award nomination! 😀 Now it just doesn’t get much better than that!
I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by The Polyglut, thank you very much for the award – everyone go check out his blog too if you haven’t already! 🙂
As part of the Liebster award, I have to do the following:
– Post the award on your blog. (check!)
– Thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog (check!)
– Write 11 random facts about yourself (check! see below)
– Pay it forward and find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award and nominate them! (Hm… this is gonna be tough, read below to find out why!)– Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions, and on it goes (check! see below)
Random Facts About Me
1. I have green eyes, but one eye has a flicker of brown in it
2. I have a Croatian heritage and bi-lingual parents, but can’t speak Croatian myself
3. I’m left handed
4. I’ve seen a ghost
5. There’s a fictional book that’s just been published with my name in it (I know the author)
6. I’ve travelled to over 20 countries
7. I don’t smoke and rarely drink, but I struggle to say no to a piece of chocolate
8. I still love watching 2D Disney animated movies, even though I’m almost 24
9. I’d be more star struck to meet any former cast member from ‘Charmed’ than any other celebrity on this earth
10. I was scared of dogs as a child
11. I almost became an actress rather than a journalist
This is really going to be tough, firstly because I don’t follow a heap of bloggers and a lot of them have over 200 followers! So I can only give out a few noms – but this reminds me to start finding more bloggers!
Sorry this list is so short, but all of the other blogs I follow have way over 200 followers…
Questions from my Nominator
1. If you could be any nationality other than the one that you currently are, what would it be and why?
French of course! If I had French citizenship and never had to worry about not understanding the language perfectly it would have made it a lot easier to live there.
2. What is the most rebellious thing that you ever did as a child? Snuck out of a friend’s house at 6am to go sit by the lake, without her parents knowing in primary school.
3. How do you pronounce scone? Does it rhyme with phone or gone? Gone!
4. What is the longest word that you can think of without looking it up? Philanthropy
5. What is the first word that comes to mind? Charity
6. What is your favourite personality trait? I’d say I’m pretty organised
7. If you had the chance to acquire one skill instantly, what would it be? The ability to surf – so people stop being suprised when they find out I’m an Australian who can’t surf haha
8. Name one song that you would never skip. Dirrty by Christina Aguilera
9. What type of holiday do you prefer: sitting by the pool or exploring the country? Exploring the country
10. What is your favourite word, English or otherwise? Parapluie (French word for umbrella)
11. What was the last song that you listened to? Feel this Moment by Ptibull and Christina Aguilera
My Questions for my Nominees
1. Why do you blog?
2. Are you in any way a ‘cultural failure’? i.e. You don’t do something that is typical of your nationality or culture (e.g. an Indian who doesn’t like spicy food, an Irishman who doesn’t drink alcohol etc)
3. Do you believe in ghosts?
4. What’s a really bad song that you secretly like?
5. One country you can’t wait to visit?
6. Dogs or cats?
7. Favourite city in the world that you’ve visited?
8. Do you collect anything?
9. Favourite destination in your own country?
10. Worst thing about living in my country is….
11. Best thing about living in my country is….